1. The following provisions regulate the conditions under which users can make use of the JKU services offered at http://jois.online.
2. By registering with JoIS, the user expressly agrees to these conditions, both now and in the future. JKU expressly reserves the right to change or adapt the conditions at any time with effect for the future. JKU is not obliged to inform you of any changes unless they affect your data protection rights.
3. Users are obliged to keep their access data and passwords secret and not to pass them on to third parties. Should third parties become aware of the access data and/or passwords, you must immediately contact the Development team of this website.
4. Should JoIS fail, data may be lost for which liability on the part of JKU is excluded. The JKU points out that the user can secure his/her data himself/herself and must do so in order to ensure its permanent availability.
5. Should a user disrupt the operation of JoIS for other users or in any other way use the offer in a disadvantageous or illegal manner, JKU reserves the right to block the right of use of this user without prior notice.
The user shall indemnify JKU against any claims for damages made against JKU as a result of the illegal use of JoIS by the user. No illegal content may be posted and no third party rights may be infringed; this applies in particular to copyright and personal data. The user undertakes to comply with the applicable Austrian Data Protection Act 2000 and the future European Basic Data Protection Ordinance.
Compliance with the statutory provisions in connection with the use of JoIS by a user is the sole responsibility of the user. The JKU is not obliged to check the legal conformity of the individual courses or to inform the User of any violations of the law.
6. The JKU is entitled to terminate the right to use the JoIS service by the user without further justification. The user has no right to access the JoIS service.
The JKU is entitled to terminate or block the access of a user as soon as there is a reason according to point 5 or as soon as the user is no longer a member of the JoIS Team.
7. In any case of termination of the right of use, the JKU shall be entitled to delete the content posted by the user at JoIS. In this respect, the JKU points out once again that the user can and must back up his/her data at any time.
8. The user permits the JKU to manage and store the content posted for the provision of the services available on JoIS.
9. For the participation in the event that the user can and must secure his/her own data at any time.
10. Personal data will be stored in JoIS, including at least the mandatory details of name, e-mail, user name and password, without which no JoIS account can be set up.
11. The personal data processed in JoIS will not be passed on to third parties or used for purposes other than those intended, subject to statutory provisions.
12. JoIS is operated by the Institute of Business Informatics - Communications Engineering. The persons entrusted with the technical administration of the JoIS system and the server have access to all personal data stored in the system. They may only process this data to the extent that this is necessary to guarantee the operation of JoIS and the processing of support requests.
13. The user acknowledges that JKU does not assume any guarantee or warranty for the availability of the JoIS offer or the services offered there. JKU expressly reserves the right to discontinue the offer or the individual services offered via JoIS in whole or in part without prior notice or to restrict their availability.
Against this background, JKU assumes no responsibility for ensuring that the services offered can be used by the users at any time and/or without interruption.
14. JKU's liability is limited to intentional and grossly negligent conduct. JKU accepts no liability for damage or other disadvantages incurred by the user as a result of the actions or omissions of another user or third party.